Our Chiropractic Team Offers Drug-Free Pain Relief Solutions for Back Pain Sufferers
Research suggests 70-80% of us will experience back pain at least once in our lives. For many of us, a bout of upper, middle, or lower back pain can become a chronic problem that drastically impacts our quality of life. Our Walpole and Westwood chiropractic team works with people of all ages looking for drug-free and effective relief.
Common Causes of Upper Back Pain, Middle Back Pain, and Lower Back Pain
The human spine is made up of dozens of joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, discs, and other types of connective tissues working together to form a stable yet mobile base for your body. A variety of individual and environmental factors can play a role in whether you develop upper, middle, or lower back pain and dysfunction, including:
- Advancing age (especially common among males between age 30-55)
- Being overweight/obesity
- Frequent heavy lifting, bending, and twisting of the spine
- Poor posture and ergonomics
- Sedentary lifestyle ("sitting is the new smoking"—although smoking can contribute to back pain, too!)
- Trauma (auto accident, sports injury, or other personal injury)
- A history of back pain
These and other factors can contribute to the development of specific conditions which may cause symptoms like pain, reduced range of motion, muscle spasms, and numbness or tingling in a limb. Common conditions we see include:
- Tech neck
- Facet joint locks and misalignments
- Disc bulge or herniation
- Degenerative disc disease
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains
The Benefits of Treating Back Pain with Chiropractic Care
The types of chiropractic services we offer at our Walpole and Westwood clinics are highly effective for back pain relief and management, for a few reasons:
- Our techniques alleviate symptoms by addressing their underlying causes—including joint misalignments, inflammation, tissue damage, adhesions, scar tissue, and so on. We achieve this two-fold approach through services like gentle spinal adjustments and nutritional counseling.
- We help your body restore its own strength, endurance, and flexibility through individualized corrective exercises that address areas of imbalances and weakness.
- Through postural screens and lifestyle counseling, we can help you understand daily factors exacerbating your pain so you can adapt and avoid them.
Visit Mass Sport & Spine in Westwood or Walpole, MA for Holistic Healing
Don't settle for your acute or chronic back pain symptoms. To schedule an initial appointment, contact Mass Sport & Spine Chiropractic by calling 781-708-9056 for our Westwood MA location or 508-668-8900 for our Walpole MA location.