Conditions Treated at Mass Sport & Spine Chiropractic
Here at Mass Sport & Spine in Walpole, Westwood, and Wrentham we offer a number of services in order to treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal disorders. Our practice covers the following conditions:
- Back Pain - Most notably lower back pain. While back pain is a fairly common health problem, it isn't something to be ignored. Pain, soreness, numbness, weakness, and tingling are symptoms that could indicate a serious underlying issue.
- Sprains and Strains - While sprains and strains share some similar symptoms, there are some notable differences. A sprain is a stretch or tear of the ligaments, the fibrous tissue that connects bones to joints. A strain is the tearing of a muscle or tendon. A chiropractor can provide pain relief and appropriate conditioning to treat these conditions.
- Headaches and Migraines - A headache is a painful symptom that occurs in the head or neck. Headaches can be caused by tension, stress, injury, vascular disorders, tumors, meningitis, infections, or hemorrhages. Migraines are severe headaches that occur on a frequent basis.
- TMJ Dysfunction. Temporomandibular joint dysfunction is a type of pain that occurs in the jaw's mastication muscles - TMJ symptoms will typically manifest as jaw pain, headaches, dizziness, and a limited range of movement.
- Pain in the Arms or Legs - We aren't just focused on the spine here at Mass Sport & Spine. Leg or arm pain may indicate a serious musculoskeletal problem.
- Degenerative Disc Disease - Spinal deterioration is often age-related. In this disease, the spinal canal may narrow, leading to pain, weakness, and further spinal problems.
- Spinal Disc Herniation (also known as a slipped disc) - When a disc ruptures or falls out of place, this can result in nerve root compression and other harmful problems. Sciatica is a type of pain commonly associated with disc degeneration and disc herniation.
- Scoliosis – Scoliosis occurs when the spine develops a sideways curve. The curve may come in an S or C shape. Scoliosis can be detected through a gait assessment from a chiropractor.
- Pregnancy-Related Issues - We recognize that pregnancy can be a stressful period that may lead to complicated health problems. Our staff will gladly treat pregnancy-related problems impacting the musculoskeletal system.
Visit Mass Sport & Spine in Westwood, Walpole, or Wrentham, MA
Mass Sport & Spine offers quality chiropractic treatments to all of our patients. Our services include corrective exercise, lifestyle advice, nutritional counseling, and spinal or postural screenings. If you are diagnosed with one of the conditions mentioned above, our team of medical experts will come up with a personalized treatment plan to properly address your healthcare needs. If there is a specific condition that you want to ask about, please contact Mass Sport & Spine's Westwood office at 781-708-9056, our Walpole office at 508-668-8900, or our Wrentham office at 508-876-7289. We'll gladly answer any of your questions!